More than 20,000 expected to attend IBIE bakery expo
Posted By Bakery.com - on Sep 23, 2016
The 2016 International Baking Industry Exposition (IBIE) returns to Las Vegas, Oct. 8-11, where more than 20,000 bakery professionals will gather to network, learn and check out the latest innovations in baking supplies, ingredients and equipment from more than 900 leading manufacturers and suppliers covering more than 700,000 sq. ft. of exhibit space.
"We're excited for attendees and exhibitors alike to see what's new at IBIE with programs that better facilitate networking, hands-on learning and inspiration," said Michael Cornelis, Chairman, IBIE.
Some new and returning highlights include:
• The All-American Tailgate serves as the official kick-off event, taking place on the opening night of IBIE, October 8 at 4:30 p.m., and provides an incredible opportunity for networking with key colleagues and suppliers from around the globe. Held right on the show floor, tickets include unlimited drinks, tailgate-style food, music, interactive games and, of course, sports on big screens.
• The Idea LAB serves as a hive for innovation and includes the Innovation Spotlight Theater featuring the industry's latest advancements, as well as an "Ask the Experts" answer bar.
• Attendees can also engage in Fresh Take Talks presented by Grain Foods Foundation - 20-minute TED Talk-like forward-thinking presentations - about what's next for the industry.
• The Innovation Showcase brings the latest advancements to the forefront in a cutting-edge display in the convention center grand concourse.
• IBIE has developed-in conjunction with the Global Cold Chain Alliance (GCCA)-a new pavilion on the show floor dedicated to cold storage solutions and innovations, presenting warehouse, construction and transportation options.
• The American Cake Decorating Demo Theater and The ONE Demonstration Theater by Revent feature free daily demos by celebrity chefs and big-name cake decorators showing off their skills and latest techniques, right on the show floor.
• An expanded education program features the latest techniques and proven strategies for streamlining wholesale operations, improving product quality and increasing profits. The 90+ sessions are designed for professionals of all levels and backgrounds.
• The education program begins on October 7, the day before the Baking Expo™ opens, with RPIA's Business of Baking for Beginners seminar and the Tortilla Industry Association's two-day Technical and Management Conference, which addresses operation skills, safety regulations, quality control, plant efficiency and best practices for the baking industry's fastest growing market segment.
Education seminars at IBIE 2016 are organized into nine targeted tracks: AIB Technical, Retail, Bread Bakers Guild of America, International, Management, Sales & Marketing, Ingredients & Processes, Food Safety & Sanitation, and Retail Hands-on (Cake & Pastry Decorating). Sessions are held daily from 8:30 a.m. to noon and in the evening to give attendees plenty of time to explore all the latest innovations being showcased on the expo floor.
• Popular returning features include: E.S.T. in Baking Program, The Great American Pie Festival, PMQ Pizza Village and RBA's 15th Annual Pillsbury Bakers' Plus Creative Decorating Competition.
For more information, or to register for IBIE 2016, visit www.IBIE2016.com.Share Article: